40 Dalton Road
One-Bedroom, Prime Annex, $1,550 per month (inclusive)
This attractively renovated apartment is on the ground floor facing Dalton Road, with direct access from the street. Although the apartment is arguably small (440 square feet) it has several redeeming features.
The property is located on a quiet, tree-lined street just 200 meters north of Bloor Street and 350 meters from the University/Spadina subway station. The University of Toronto, Royal Ontario Museum, Yorkville and Kensington Market are all within a fifteen-minute walk. (For more information about the neighbourhood follow this link).
The Living Room
The open-concept living room / dining room/ kitchen has an exposed brick wall, a working fireplace and maple hardwood flooring. There's a built-in bookcase and track lighting.
The kitchen has updated appliances, including
-a large EnergyStar qualified bottom-freezer fridge
-a quiet and energy-efficient Bromberg dishwasher
-a five-burner gas range
-a built-in over-the-range microwave oven.
Kitchen cabinets are from Ikea and feature in-cabinet and under-cabinet lighting.
The bedroom features a bay window, maple hardwood flooring, a large ceiling fan and track lighting. There are two closets. All windows are modern, double-hung and fully operable.
The tub has a pressure-balanced (no-scald) shower mixer and a ceramic tub surround.
The private east-facing veranda overlooks Dalton Road.
The fine print...
- The rent includes water, heat, gas and electricity. Cable TV and Internet are not included in the rent.
- Although the building contains twelve units this apartment is accessed directly from the street and has no access to a common hallway.
- The apartment is not air conditioned. EnergyStar-qualified window air conditioners may be installed, subject to an energy surcharge (typically $100 per machine, per summer). Portable free-standing air conditioners are not permitted.
- Tenants are required to maintain "tenant insurance" (typically costing $20 - $25 per month).
- .There is no onsite parking. Street parking is by permit only.
- The building is non-smoking, however smoking is permitted on the grounds and verandas.
- A one-year lease is required. Leases may be terminated early at the tenant's sole discretion, subject to a fee equal to 5% of the rent which would have been paid had the lease been fulfilled.
- First and last month's rent are required.
- The laundry room is accessed from the rear of the building, and is equipped with two coin-op double-load washers and two dryers.