40 Dalton Road
One-Bedroom, Prime Annex, $1,800 per month (inclusive)
5his attractively renovated apartment is on the ground floor facing Dalton Road, with direct access from the street. Although the apartment is arguably small (440 square feet) it has several redeeming features.
The property is located on a quiet, tree-lined street just 200 meters north of Bloor Street and 350 meters from the University/Spadina subway station. The University of Toronto, Royal Ontario Museum, Yorkville and Kensington Market are all within a fifteen-minute walk. (For more information about the neighbourhood follow this link).
The Living Room
he kitchen has updated appliances, including
The private east-facing veranda overlooks Dalton Road.
The laundry room is equipped with two double-load washers and two dryers.
The fine print...
- The rent includes water, heat, gas and electricity.
- Although the building contains twelve units this apartment is accessed directly from the street and has no access to a common hallway.
- The apartment is not air conditioned. EnergyStar-qualified window air conditioners may be installed, subject to an energy surcharge (typically $100 per machine, per summer). Portable free-standing air conditioners are not permitted.
- Tenants are required to maintain "tenant insurance" (typically costing $20-$30 per month).
- .There is no onsite parking. Overnight street parking is by permit only.
- The building is non-smoking, however smoking is permitted on the grounds and verandas.
- A one-year lease is required. Leases may be terminated early at the tenant's sole discretion, subject to a fee equal to 5% of the rent which would have been paid had the lease been fulfilled.
- First and last month's rent are required.