The Annex (Dalton Road)
Built in 1910 as a luxurious four-plex, the building was later converted to twelve smaller apartments, likely in the 1950s. The upper storeys contain six one-bedroom apartments and two two-bedroom apartments. Four bachelor apartments occupy the basement level.
The building was purchased by Grace's Places in 1997 and has been extensively renovated.
The location is ideal. The property is 200 meters north of Bloor Street and it's a 500-meter walk to the Spadina subway station, which serves both the Bloor-Danforth and Spadina-University lines. It is walking distance to the University of Toronto and the George Brown Casa Loma campus.
Cabbagetown (Seaton Street)
This property has been owned by Grace's Places for more than twenty years, but is continually being upgraded and improved.
Built in the late 1800s it was converted in 1975 to six apartments. Five of these are small bachelor apartments, while the sixth is a split-level one-bedroom unit which was once occupied by the architect who owned the building in the 70's.
The property is within walking distance of Ryerson University and the Yonge Street subway.
Upper Beach (Gerrard Street East)
This property is Grace's Places smallest, and consists of two 2nd-floor bachelor apartments and a retail main floor (which serves as Grace's Places' office.
The Woodbine subway station is a ten-minute walk, while Yonge Street is a 25-minute ride on the 24-hour Gerrard streetcar.
Although not as conveniently located relative to the downtown core as the Annex or Cabbagetown properties, the Gerrard apartments afford exceptional value.