Upper Beach bachelor apartment for rent
$840 per month (plus hydro & insurance)
This 265 sq. ft. bachelor apartment is one of two on the second floor of a small commercial building on Gerrard Street East near Woodbine Avenue.
- Full kitchen with three appliances.
- Hardwood floors in the bedsitting area, ceramic flooring in the kitchen and bathroom.
- Exposed brick wall.
- Large sliding glass doors overlooking back yard (but no deck).
- Large ceiling fan with light.
- Efficient LED lighting on dimmer switches.
- Ensuite front-load washer and dryer.
- Ikea kitchen cabinets, under-counter lighting, two glass-fronted cabinets.
- Single-handle kitchen faucet with sprayer and separate faucet for filtered water.
- Full four-piece bathroom with pressure-balanced ("no scald") shower mixer.
- Hot water radiator heating.
- Multiple electrical, telephone and cable outlets.
- State of the art central fire alarm system.
There is frequent streetcar service (506 Gerrard/Carlton) and the westbound stop is at the door. It's about 25 minutes to Bloor & Yonge via the Danforth subway, or 20 to 30 minutes to Yonge and Carlton via the streetcar. Eastbound cars stop right at the door. Overnight service is provided by the 306 bus.
Parking on the north side of Gerrard Street is free, however no parking is permitted between 7:00 am and 9:00 am. Parking is not permitted on the south side. Permit parking is available on side streets.
What's not to like?
- Electricity is not included. Expect to pay $40 to $50 per month, depending upon your consumption.
- The apartment is not air conditioned, and the while the sliding glass doors provide abundant ventilation the only other window is too narrow for a conventional window air conditioner. A portable AC unit can be used however you should expect your hydro bill to increase by about $150 (per year) over the summer months.
- Tenants are required to carry tenant insurance. Expect to pay about $30 per month.
- The apartment is strictly non-smoking.
- There is no space for bike parking or storage.